Storm Corrosion

Secção para discussão sobre bandas que não se enquadrem no género Metal e associados.

Moderador: GoncaloBCunha

Regras do Fórum
Indiquem o género músical no título do tópico.
Não se envolvam em discussões sobre o género musical das bandas.
BlackwaterPark
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: segunda jan 11, 2010 12:45 am

Storm Corrosion

Mensagempor BlackwaterPark » quinta dez 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Um novo projecto nascido da colaboração entre Steven Wilson e Mikael Äkerfeldt.
Storm Corrosion - s/t, tem lançamento previsto para Abril de 2012.

Steven Wilson, numa entrevista recente de Novembro:
"Well the only stuff I've collaborated with Mikael on in the past has been working on his records. This is obviously a collaboration, so it's a different approach. We sat in a room together and wrote music together, rather than taking his music that he'd already written and working it into a record. We actually started from the very basics, composition and arranging. If you'd ask me three months ago, I would have said expect the last thing you would've expected. But actually, now that [Opeth's new record] Heritage has come out, and [Steve Wilson's solo album] Grace of Drowning has come out, I don't think it's going to be that much of a shock to people because it's almost like a third part of the trilogy in a way."

Wilson continued, "If anything, it's even more orchestral, more stripped down, even more dark, twisted and melancholy… but it certainly feels like it comes from the same place as Heritage and Grace For Drowning, which indeed it does because it was written during the same period. We were, in a way, egging each other on to do those particular records but also at the same time coming up with the music that's now going to be on Storm Corrosion. So it's a very orchestral record, as you'd expect, the songs are quite long and develop in unusual ways. I'm realistic about it, that half the people are going to hate it and half the people are going to fall in love with it. I'd be happy with that anyway."

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/8 ... rview-2011

Pedrof
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta mar 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Re: Storm Corrosion

Mensagempor Pedrof » sexta dez 09, 2011 12:09 am

Mal posso esperar.

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quarta mar 05, 2008 11:18 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » sexta dez 09, 2011 12:21 am

Pedrof Escreveu:Mal posso esperar.

Isto promete mesmo.

Wolfheart66
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: segunda nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Mensagempor Wolfheart66 » domingo dez 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Vai sair algo genial daí :D
Imagem

BlackwaterPark
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor BlackwaterPark » domingo dez 11, 2011 10:38 pm

Wolfheart66 Escreveu:Vai sair algo genial daí :D

Estou confiante que sim.
Lembro-me do Wilson ter dito também há uns tempos que o The Drift do Scott Walker é uma das grandes influências para este trabalho. Quem não conhece faz bem em ouvi-lo.

BlackwaterPark
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor BlackwaterPark » terça dez 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Imagem

Storm Corrosion will be issued by Roadrunner in April 2012. Apart from Mikael and Steven, the album includes guest appearances by Gavin Harrison on drums/percussion, Ben Castle on woodwinds, and Dave Stewart on string arrangements.

Do facebook.

A imagem parece ser apenas uma parte do artwork completo.

Vaargseth [RIP 2012/04/25]

Mensagempor Vaargseth [RIP 2012/04/25] » terça dez 27, 2011 6:15 pm

BlackwaterPark Escreveu:Imagem

Storm Corrosion will be issued by Roadrunner in April 2012. Apart from Mikael and Steven, the album includes guest appearances by Gavin Harrison on drums/percussion, Ben Castle on woodwinds, and Dave Stewart on string arrangements.

Do facebook.

Gavin Harrison on drums... nice!

Wolfheart66
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor Wolfheart66 » quarta dez 28, 2011 1:00 pm

BlackwaterPark Escreveu:Imagem

Do facebook.

Bruto Artwork :D
Imagem

Le Point Noir
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sábado abr 28, 2007 2:11 pm
Contacto:

Mensagempor Le Point Noir » quarta dez 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Desde que seja mais Grace for Drowning do que Heritage... 8)
Oui oui la baguette

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » sexta dez 30, 2011 2:36 pm

Heritage + Grace for Drowning + Storm Corrosion: Best trilogy ever? Espero bem que sim, pelo menos isto promete bastante! :metal:

Wolfheart66
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor Wolfheart66 » sexta dez 30, 2011 8:28 pm

portluis Escreveu:Heritage + Grace for Drowning + Storm Corrosion: Best trilogy ever? Espero bem que sim, pelo menos isto promete bastante! :metal:

Falaste bem agora :mrgreen:
Imagem

BlackwaterPark
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor BlackwaterPark » sexta jan 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Imagem

Storm Corrosion: Steven Wilson and Mikael Åkerfeldt, Jan 2012. Photo by Naki Kouyioumtzis.
Mais fotos

Release the Kraken! :metal:

BlackwaterPark
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor BlackwaterPark » sexta jan 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Storm Corrosion will be issued on CD, limited deluxe double vinyl LP in gatefold sleeve with poster (which will be issued by Roadrunner, but curated by vinyl experts ToneFloat), and blu-ray. The blu-ray will include stereo and 5.1 mixes, demos and instrumental mixes, all at 96K high resolution. Confirmation of exact release date and pre-ordering info soon.

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » sexta jan 27, 2012 6:12 pm

BlackwaterPark Escreveu:
Storm Corrosion will be issued on CD, limited deluxe double vinyl LP in gatefold sleeve with poster (which will be issued by Roadrunner, but curated by vinyl experts ToneFloat), and blu-ray. The blu-ray will include stereo and 5.1 mixes, demos and instrumental mixes, all at 96K high resolution. Confirmation of exact release date and pre-ordering info soon.

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

BlackwaterPark
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor BlackwaterPark » terça fev 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Here is the official press release for Storm Corrosion:

ROADRUNNER RECORDS are delighted to announce the signing of STORM CORROSION.

STORM CORROSION is the long-discussed and highly anticipated collaboration between two of the current music scene’s most innovative and multi-talented artists; Porcupine Tree’s Steven Wilson and Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth. The pair have been friends since the late ‘90s, when Wilson co-produced Opeth’s revered ‘Blackwater Park’ album. Over the years, they’d often spoken of working on a project together, but it wasn’t until recently that they managed to make something happen, when Mikael flew over to visit Steve in the UK and they ended up in Wilson’s home studio throwing ideas around. That visit was the nascence of a whole self-titled album, written and produced by the pair and mixed by Wilson.

The sound of STORM CORROSION can best be described as enchanting, orchestral, ambient, epic (half the album’s tracks clock in around the 10 minute mark) and nothing short of surprising to the new ear. However, the musicians’ respective fanbases will be primed to appreciate the new output, with Wilson’s recent solo album, ‘Grace For Drowning’ and Opeth’s ‘Heritage’ having brought them to a logical place to understand STORM CORROSION. This eponymous collection is almost viewed as one side of a musical triangle.

Says Wilson; “If you'd asked me three months ago about the music, I would have said, 'Expect the last thing you would expect.' But actually, now that 'Heritage' and 'Grace Of Drowning' have come out, I don't think it's going to be that much of a shock to people, because it's almost like a third part of the trilogy, in a way. If anything, it's even more orchestral, even more stripped down, even more dark, twisted and melancholic… but it certainly feels like it comes from the same place as 'Heritage' and 'Grace For Drowning', which indeed it does because it was written during the same period.”

“Some of the music on this record I think is the most beautiful music I have participated on ever,” adds Åkerfeldt. “There's some magical sections on there. Musically I think we've created something earthy, a bit frightening, exhausting, profound and rather intense. All at the same time. I can safely say I don't know any other band or artist that sounds anything like STORM CORROSION. I guess that was also one of our goals, so to speak.”

Roadrunner’s Snr VP of A&R, Monte Conner welcomes STORM CORROSION to the Roadrunner family, commenting: “I am honoured to have the Roadrunner logo on the STORM CORROSION album. Steven Wilson and Mikael Åkerfeldt have demonstrated time and time again that they are two of the truest and most important artists working today, and it is not often that I get to work with musicians of this calibre. This album is a beautiful piece of work that will appeal to fans of Steven and Mikael’s past records, while at the same time exploring new avenues for both artists.

‘STORM CORROSION’ will hit record stores on 23rd April. Full release and format details will follow.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 1801312141

Voltar para “Bandas de outros estilos”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 7 visitantes