Battlelore - "The Last Alliance"

ScratchtheSurface
Participante Compulsivo(a)
Registado: quarta nov 07, 2007 11:55 pm
Contacto:

Battlelore - "The Last Alliance"

Mensagempor ScratchtheSurface » sábado set 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Even before I pressed play to give start to my first encounter with Battlelore via their fifth full length album “The Last Alliance” I knew exactly what was coming my way. It’s like going out for dinner to McDonalds during your vacations in Greece and ordering a Big-Mac, it’s 99,9% guaranteed that it will taste exactly like the last one you eaten back home.
Well, Atmospheric Metal will sound exactly like what Atmospheric Metal is supposed to sound like with all the clichés and pomposity inherent to the genre. Needless to say Finland’s Battlelore have fallen into the same trappings most groups opting for this style of music usually fall into. The vocal interplay between a female singer that sounds like an innocent and immaculate little girl lost in the woods and a male growler that sounds like a sexually aroused ogre chasing that same little girl, tons and tons of keyboards melodies, it’s all here. Take for instance the first theme “Third Immortal”, completely dull and unimaginative it sounds like a soft bedtime song supported largely on a catchy harmony the kind we all like to hum while doing the dish washing. Its simple structuring coupled with a bridled and tender vocal delivery from Kaisa Jouhki and some uninspired keyboard melodies have roundly failed to make a pleasing and surprising start. Elsewhere things don’t make a better impression either, there’s occasionally a spark glowing here and there, briefly displaying a rare moment of inspiration, but mostly “The Last Alliance” is a uninteresting exercise on Atmospheric Metal better suited for a Disney animated screenplay and not the journey through Middle-Earth the press release blurbs about.

http://scratchthesurface-webzine.blogspot.com

Porventura, após ter relido a critica julgo que poderei ter sido um pouco agressivo na forma como expressei a minha opinião, no entanto não deixo de o considerar fraco e pouco interessante.

OrDoS
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: domingo abr 04, 2004 12:23 pm

Re: Battlelore - The Last Alliance

Mensagempor OrDoS » domingo set 07, 2008 3:30 am

ScratchtheSurface Escreveu:Even before I pressed play to give start to my first encounter with Battlelore via their fifth full length album “The Last Alliance” I knew exactly what was coming my way. It’s like going out for dinner to McDonalds during your vacations in Greece and ordering a Big-Mac, it’s 99,9% guaranteed that it will taste exactly like the last one you eaten back home.
Well, Atmospheric Metal will sound exactly like what Atmospheric Metal is supposed to sound like with all the clichés and pomposity inherent to the genre. Needless to say Finland’s Battlelore have fallen into the same trappings most groups opting for this style of music usually fall into. The vocal interplay between a female singer that sounds like an innocent and immaculate little girl lost in the woods and a male growler that sounds like a sexually aroused ogre chasing that same little girl, tons and tons of keyboards melodies, it’s all here. Take for instance the first theme “Third Immortal”, completely dull and unimaginative it sounds like a soft bedtime song supported largely on a catchy harmony the kind we all like to hum while doing the dish washing. Its simple structuring coupled with a bridled and tender vocal delivery from Kaisa Jouhki and some uninspired keyboard melodies have roundly failed to make a pleasing and surprising start. Elsewhere things don’t make a better impression either, there’s occasionally a spark glowing here and there, briefly displaying a rare moment of inspiration, but mostly “The Last Alliance” is a uninteresting exercise on Atmospheric Metal better suited for a Disney animated screenplay and not the journey through Middle-Earth the press release blurbs about.

http://scratchthesurface-webzine.blogspot.com

Porventura, após ter relido a critica julgo que poderei ter sido um pouco agressivo na forma como expressei a minha opinião, no entanto não deixo de o considerar fraco e pouco interessante.

Infelizmente nunca mais fizeram nada tão bom depois do Sword Song, embora tenha gostado do Third Age of The Sun... Vou ver se ouço...
From word to a word I was led to a word...
ImagemImagem 20ª Edição - X11

Voltar para “Arquivo 2012 - 2003”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 10 visitantes