Metal News - 2017

Notícias interessantes sobre o mundo do Metal.
Filipe Machado
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça mar 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Metal News - 2017

Mensagempor Filipe Machado » terça out 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Imagem

Este também é fenomenal... E é um pouco mais barato: 88 euros no máximo para os dois dias.

Filipe Machado
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor Filipe Machado » quarta out 25, 2017 9:43 am

Cover do novo dos Pestilence cancelada por violação de direitos de autor:

Imagem

Pestilence and Hammerheart Records just issued the following announcement, concerning the artwork for the band's upcoming new release "Hadeon":
"Last week we proudly presented the artwork for “Hadeon”, the new album by legendary Death Metal band Pestilence.
This, in itself, fantastic artwork was created by Triple Seis, a company specialized in artwork for Metal bands (they did many artwork related things before we contacted them) based in Ecuador.
In the past months Patrick Mameli shared his thoughts on what “Hadeon” needed to look like when put into art, and Triple Seis created it.
Hammerheart Records made a contract and paid a pretty decent amount of money to become the owner of this artwork, so we could use it for all releases and products we wanted to use it on/for.
We were very pleased on how this turned out…
Then…
Upon its publication we started to receive messages that several parts of this artwork were stolen and copied into this design.
The messages were not merely rumours, but they were true…
We were shocked when we were shown how obviously and without shame this was done, we were left in disbelief.
Both Hammerheart Records and Pestilence had never experienced anything like this before, and we find it totally objectionable.
We hereby declare that we have to cancel this artwork, we sincerely apologize to all the people/companies whose artwork was used without permission.
We did not know this and we would never ever support this.
We like to make it 100% clear that we do not support any of these “work” ethics done by Triple Seis and have returned the artwork to them in full and we will remove all announcements and links related to this artwork to the best of our abilities.
Needless to say that this effects our hard work, we are not finished yet for a release of “Hadeon”.
We need to switch to solving this problem.
“Hadeon” will see the light of day, the release date is still March 2018.
We will not give in and continue our journey to World Domination in 2018.
We find great consolation in the support of the Pestilence-legions supporting us worldwide , thanks a lot !!!
As soon as we have the new artwork to show we will make an announcement.
Patrick Mameli, Pestilence
Guido Heijnens, management Pestilence, Hammerheart Records"

MAIS ALGUNS PORMENORES SOBRE O ASSUNTO:

Imagem

Before I even write this post, I want to make it clear that it’s been communicated to me that since the band was made aware of this, they are trying to rectify it in some way. I’m not sure if they will get a new album cover or if they will just be communicating each of the individuals who were stolen from and working out a deal, but they are going to try to make it right.

That said, I feel it is my obligation to post this now because this same artist (Santiago Francisco Jaramillo aka Triple Seis Designs) has gotten in trouble before doing this example same thing. If memory serves me correctly, he stole an ENTIRE painting from a well-known fantasy artist and then claimed that he “found it on a free wallpaper site” and didn’t realize it was copyrighted, which is a terrible excuse.

I never posted about that case because by the time I was ready to add it to the blog, the band managed to work out a deal with THAT original artist as well. But now it’s clear that Jaramillo does not learn from his mistakes and he has a very bad habit of just googling images and using them in his art. He’s just a plagiarist at this point.

How long will it be before bands start realizing that hiring artists like this can get them in deep trouble? And even if it’s not an issue of legality, it just adds an unnecessary cloud over a new release as well as added stress trying to track down artists for compensation that wasn’t even in the original budget. Why not hire an ethical artist in the FIRST place so you don’t have to go through that? That is why I am finally adding this artist to the blog because I think it’s ridiculous that so many bands are having to cover his ass when he gets caught doing this.

On the issue of legality, because I see it brought up a lot. It is true that some countries have significantly looser copyright laws than some European or North American countries. In this case, I believe this artist is from South America somewhere. And if this artist was making artwork to only be used in his country of origin, he may have a case for his right to re-purpose this art without credit. But the fact is, this is an international release and it is the responsibility for the artist to be professional and make sure that they are creating ethical and legal artwork for a global market. You can’t just play the card of “Well it was legal in my country”…it just doesn’t work that way.

At the end of the day, this artist stole artwork from other artists and use them in his own commercial art that someone paid him for. He then gets websites praising him, publicity from metal blogs and fans for artwork he DID NOT DO. That is unethical and it is plagiarism.

There are plenty of artists out there that have no history with plagiarism. Please hire them!
Última edição por Filipe Machado em quarta out 25, 2017 4:59 pm, editado 1 vez no total.

José Sousa
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sexta set 07, 2007 1:57 pm

Mensagempor José Sousa » quarta out 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Excerto do álbum

Filipe Machado
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor Filipe Machado » quarta out 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Filipe Machado Escreveu:Cover do novo dos Pestilence cancelada por violação de direitos de autor:

Imagem

Pestilence and Hammerheart Records just issued the following announcement, concerning the artwork for the band's upcoming new release "Hadeon":
"Last week we proudly presented the artwork for “Hadeon”, the new album by legendary Death Metal band Pestilence.
This, in itself, fantastic artwork was created by Triple Seis, a company specialized in artwork for Metal bands (they did many artwork related things before we contacted them) based in Ecuador.
In the past months Patrick Mameli shared his thoughts on what “Hadeon” needed to look like when put into art, and Triple Seis created it.
Hammerheart Records made a contract and paid a pretty decent amount of money to become the owner of this artwork, so we could use it for all releases and products we wanted to use it on/for.
We were very pleased on how this turned out…
Then…
Upon its publication we started to receive messages that several parts of this artwork were stolen and copied into this design.
The messages were not merely rumours, but they were true…
We were shocked when we were shown how obviously and without shame this was done, we were left in disbelief.
Both Hammerheart Records and Pestilence had never experienced anything like this before, and we find it totally objectionable.
We hereby declare that we have to cancel this artwork, we sincerely apologize to all the people/companies whose artwork was used without permission.
We did not know this and we would never ever support this.
We like to make it 100% clear that we do not support any of these “work” ethics done by Triple Seis and have returned the artwork to them in full and we will remove all announcements and links related to this artwork to the best of our abilities.
Needless to say that this effects our hard work, we are not finished yet for a release of “Hadeon”.
We need to switch to solving this problem.
“Hadeon” will see the light of day, the release date is still March 2018.
We will not give in and continue our journey to World Domination in 2018.
We find great consolation in the support of the Pestilence-legions supporting us worldwide , thanks a lot !!!
As soon as we have the new artwork to show we will make an announcement.
Patrick Mameli, Pestilence
Guido Heijnens, management Pestilence, Hammerheart Records"

MAIS ALGUNS PORMENORES SOBRE O ASSUNTO:

Imagem

Before I even write this post, I want to make it clear that it’s been communicated to me that since the band was made aware of this, they are trying to rectify it in some way. I’m not sure if they will get a new album cover or if they will just be communicating each of the individuals who were stolen from and working out a deal, but they are going to try to make it right.

That said, I feel it is my obligation to post this now because this same artist (Santiago Francisco Jaramillo aka Triple Seis Designs) has gotten in trouble before doing this example same thing. If memory serves me correctly, he stole an ENTIRE painting from a well-known fantasy artist and then claimed that he “found it on a free wallpaper site” and didn’t realize it was copyrighted, which is a terrible excuse.

I never posted about that case because by the time I was ready to add it to the blog, the band managed to work out a deal with THAT original artist as well. But now it’s clear that Jaramillo does not learn from his mistakes and he has a very bad habit of just googling images and using them in his art. He’s just a plagiarist at this point.

How long will it be before bands start realizing that hiring artists like this can get them in deep trouble? And even if it’s not an issue of legality, it just adds an unnecessary cloud over a new release as well as added stress trying to track down artists for compensation that wasn’t even in the original budget. Why not hire an ethical artist in the FIRST place so you don’t have to go through that? That is why I am finally adding this artist to the blog because I think it’s ridiculous that so many bands are having to cover his ass when he gets caught doing this.

On the issue of legality, because I see it brought up a lot. It is true that some countries have significantly looser copyright laws than some European or North American countries. In this case, I believe this artist is from South America somewhere. And if this artist was making artwork to only be used in his country of origin, he may have a case for his right to re-purpose this art without credit. But the fact is, this is an international release and it is the responsibility for the artist to be professional and make sure that they are creating ethical and legal artwork for a global market. You can’t just play the card of “Well it was legal in my country”…it just doesn’t work that way.

At the end of the day, this artist stole artwork from other artists and use them in his own commercial art that someone paid him for. He then gets websites praising him, publicity from metal blogs and fans for artwork he DID NOT DO. That is unethical and it is plagiarism.

There are plenty of artists out there that have no history with plagiarism. Please hire them!

nekronos
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta nov 10, 2006 9:36 pm
Contacto:

Mensagempor nekronos » quarta out 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Novo videoclip "Tophet" dos Black Altar revelado!

Toda a informação em: http://nekronospromotion.blogspot.pt/20 ... ashed.html

BLACK ALTAR | PAÍS: POLÓNIA | GÉNERO: BLACK METAL

Imagem

BLACK ALTAR "TOPHET" VIDEOCLIP PREMIERE TODAY!
[2017.10.25]

Black Metal demonical force Black Altar has premiered today their videoclip for the new track "Tophet" taken from the forthcoming split with Beastcraft which shall be released for XXI Anniversary of Black Altar.

The scenes for the video were filmed in England, Sweden, Norway, Poland and USA.

Black Altar invited some special guests to take part in the recording of the song featured here: James Stewart from Vader, V. Priest from Acherontas, Acerbus from Ondskapt, Soroth Northgrove from Beastcraft and Nihil from Furia.

Exclusive UK premiere of Black Altar videoclip at Zero Tolerance Magazine:
http://www.ztmag.com/blog/news/black-al ... new-video/

Exclusive premiere of the Black Altar videoclip for German readers at: Legacy - The Voice From The Dark Side:
http://legacy.de/exklusives/986-exklusi ... ophet.html

Check "Tophet" at this link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMYmAwIcA9c

The split contains 12 Hymns of total Darkness, Deathcraft and Nekromancy!

This infernal offering will be unveiled on 30.11 by Odium Records as a CD, gatefold LP and strictly limited (to 50 copies) wooden box with cd, red vinyl, 2 t-shirts, patch, pin, posters and loads of rarities concerning Black Altar.

Pre orders available here: www.odiumrex.com/webshop
Nekronos Promotion Hell :
Site oficial: http://nekronospromotion.blogspot.pt
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nekronospromotionhell
Supporting the Underground... Above Ground!

Uforia
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sábado mar 03, 2007 3:49 pm
Contacto:

Mensagempor Uforia » quinta out 26, 2017 2:17 am

Vou só deixar isto aqui e sair de fininho...

JVELHAGUARDA
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça jan 13, 2009 12:42 am

Mensagempor JVELHAGUARDA » sábado out 28, 2017 1:05 pm

"1755" o novo álbum dos Moonspell já circula online aqui... :metal:

Tracklist do álbum:
1. Em Nome Do Medo
2. 1755
3. In Tremor Dei (com participação do fadista Paulo Bragança)
4. Desastre
5. Abanão
6. Evento
7. 1 De Novembro
8. Ruínas
9. Todos Os Santos
10. Lanterna Dos Afogados

http://24.sapo.pt/vida/artigos/oica-aqu ... -moonspell

Floresta
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sábado out 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Mensagempor Floresta » segunda out 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Imagem
Spoiler: Mostrar
Hospital Productions Escreveu:'Post Self'is simultaneously inventive and classic Godflesh. The blue and icy atmosphere of 'Post Self' can reach levels touched on in the happenings of early 90’s Norway innovations. From the opening track it's clear that the vocal performance is Justin Broadrick's best in ages, utilizing new approaches ranging from higher tortured screams to truly brutal and barbaric low roars not heard since 'Street Cleaner'. Within those extremes, mystically effected vocals coming from an industrial corner support the classic ‘post punk’ style voice that became a hallmark dating all the way back to 'Head of David' as well as the bonus tracks heard on the 'Street Cleaner' cd version and the ultimate hypnotic Godflesh track ‘Flowers’.

Throughout the whole of the record is a pervasive cold that settles into the atmosphere of 'Post Self' under which nasty and vile machine rhythms create an 80’s nighttime rainy streets groove.

Dark, hard, heartbreaking and beautiful, 'Post Self' feels like the culmination of all of Broadrick’s various musical interests and achievements in his 30 years of dedication to subcultural music: industrial, noise, post punk, ambient, extreme metal, bass music, and much much more… but it is also quintessential Godflesh in its monumental and timeless feeling of existentialism and the human condition.

'A World Lit Only By Fire' was Godflesh's mortal return - but 'Post Self' feels like Godflesh’s immortal SOUL.

Cassette with foil stamped cover.

Disintegrate
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: quinta jul 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Mensagempor Disintegrate » segunda out 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Novidades de Godflesh são sempre bem vindas. Muito curioso para ouvir isso.

Soulforged
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: segunda dez 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Mensagempor Soulforged » segunda out 30, 2017 11:32 pm

Nova de Eluveitie.

Floresta
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sábado out 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Mensagempor Floresta » terça out 31, 2017 4:37 pm

abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta out 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Mensagempor abyssum » terça out 31, 2017 6:35 pm

Single do novo álbum "Trident Wolf Eclipse" a lançar no dia 5 de Janeiro de 2018.

Brunhu
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sábado out 24, 2009 1:41 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor Brunhu » sexta nov 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Como era de prever, já soa tudo ao mesmo...

Vooder
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sábado jan 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Mensagempor Vooder » segunda nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm

It is with great enthousiasm that we announce that Voivod is entering the Studio today for the next full lenght album!!
Exciting!!
Stay connected!
https://www.facebook.com/Voivod/
ImagemImagemImagem
VENDE-SE Enslaved/Ephel Duath/Agalloch/Therion/HateSphere e mais cenas

Santyago
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta jan 08, 2009 2:44 am

Mensagempor Santyago » segunda nov 06, 2017 10:37 pm

Vooder Escreveu:It is with great enthousiasm that we announce that Voivod is entering the Studio today for the next full lenght album!!
Exciting!!
Stay connected!
https://www.facebook.com/Voivod/

Mal posso esperar!
Old_Skull Escreveu:Esta MUrda é cada vez mais um antro de Guerrilheiros de Teclado. Até dá gosto... :grim:

Voltar para “Notícias & Recortes”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 3 visitantes