Metal News - 2022

Notícias interessantes sobre o mundo do Metal.
pafg
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça dez 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Metal News - 2022

Mensagempor pafg » domingo ago 28, 2022 8:07 am

https://consequence.net/2022/08/neurosis-singer-scott-kelly-abuse-leaves-band/

"Neurosis Singer Scott Kelly Admits to Abuse, Announces Retirement from Music"

Zyklon
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta jan 04, 2008 10:47 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor Zyklon » domingo ago 28, 2022 9:20 am

Curioso para saber/conhecer/ver as reações dentro do meio sobre tudo isso, principalmente naquele que está sempre ao lado do metal da amizade, do wokismo e do bem estar emocional (algo que sempre me fez confusão numa banda tão cheia de fel como é Neurosis)!
Neurosis será sempre por aqui uma das bandas favoritas e provavelmente esta situação irá passar pelos pingos da chuva, porque lá está é Neurosis mas se fosse o caso com outro musico já se tinha acendido os archotes e as forquilhas já iam no ar :lol:

HFVM
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sábado out 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Mensagempor HFVM » domingo ago 28, 2022 9:22 am

Fdx, grande merdas que o gajo saiu. Porra.
Proudly Member of UnWise Fvcking Group
"A grandeza de uma nação pode ser julgada pelo modo que os seus animais são tratados."

Kustu Rica
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça dez 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Mensagempor Kustu Rica » domingo ago 28, 2022 9:34 am

Neurosis ainda tocam? Tinha ideia que era tudo a solo, há já alguns anos.
Your wife, my bitch. Your love, my trick. Her mouth, my dick. I fucked, thats' it. Straight pimp, no shit. Gave me your chips. I drove, your whip. It's true, don't trip.

pafg
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor pafg » domingo ago 28, 2022 10:23 am

Ainda tocam. O último álbum é de 2016, mas diga-se que os últimos 2 álbuns até nem foram assim grande espingarda.

Da notícia, para além do óbvio, choca-me o abuso ter sido perpetuado andava o gajo em Neurosis a escrever música, gravar álbuns e fazer digressões. De forma indirecta, andaram as pessoas a contribuir para aquilo, dado que o próprio diz que parte do abuso era chantagem financeira.

Lógicamente que ninguém fazia ideia e dá a entender que a própria banda não sabia o que se passava, o que acrescenta um factor de perplexidade ao caso. Imaginem andar em digressão e a conviver com um personagem que depois chega a casa e bate na família. Dá-me arrepios só de pensar.
O arrependimento parece genuíno mas vem tarde. Parte de cada um achar que assumir o quer que seja via facebook é a atitude correcta, uma vez que assim vai expôr a família a mais problemas. Ao que parece está a tentar dar à família uma vida melhor, se é que isso é possível. Agora é conviver com a social media mob e com a culpa que nunca irá desaparecer por completo.

Zyklon
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Zyklon » domingo ago 28, 2022 10:57 am

Não sabiam mas era o caralhinho!
É impossivel não saberem até porque qualquer fã de Neurosis sabe bem o quão importante era a "familia", pelas paragens que faziam entre albuns e pelas entrevistas :lol:
Estou é mesmo expectante para saber a reação daqueles lambe conas do bem estar na musica.. :lol:

pafg
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor pafg » domingo ago 28, 2022 12:09 pm

:lol:
Pois, a banda não saber custa a crer. Tal como os Manowar não sabiam que o Logan tem queda por criancinhas. Ou tal como toda a gente em Judas Priest sabia que o Rob era gay ainda antes dele sair do armário. :lol:
Mas agora em retrospectiva é mais fâcil ligar as coisas. Associar longas paragens entre álbuns a isto é um bocado forçado.

abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta out 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Mensagempor abyssum » domingo ago 28, 2022 5:07 pm

Se forem inteligentes e manipulativos o suficiente, é possível esconder a vida privada (e respectivas taradices) dos amigos e familiares, o Carlos Cruz que o diga. :lol:

Zyklon
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Zyklon » domingo ago 28, 2022 5:49 pm

abyssum Escreveu:Se forem inteligentes e manipulativos o suficiente, é possível esconder a vida privada (e respectivas taradices) dos amigos e familiares, o Carlos Cruz que o diga. :lol:

Quantas bandas não fazem? Até por cá 8)

Zyklon
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Zyklon » segunda ago 29, 2022 11:01 am

Entretanto um dos musicos e fazedor de cenas (Sanford Parker) que trabalhou com o SK nos ultimos anos:
In response to Scott Kelly’s post I would like to make it crystal clear that during the active years of Corrections House and Mirrors for Psychic Warfare I had no idea the level of abuse Scott was inflicting onto his family. He always talked about his “mental illness” and things he did in the past he regretted, but nothing like this.
Over the last 12 plus years he and I have spent countless time together. I would be with him every second of every day for months at a time, often just the two of us and I have never seen this side of him. Not even close. It’s truly mind-blowing his level and power of manipulation he has on people.
In January of 2020 Scott cut off all contact with me for no reason. I tried repeatedly reaching out via text, emails and phone calls and nothing. I tried several times reaching out to his wife but was told everything was ok. Then in March of 2021 she sent me a lengthy detailed email about the abuse she and the kids had experienced and it was honestly the most disturbing thing I have ever read, it made me physically ill. I wish I could unsee it. By that point though the damage had been done and as far as I knew they were away from him and safe.
I poured my heart and soul into Corrections House and Mirrors for Psychic Warfare and now they are rotten. I will never have the same pride for those bands I once did and that truly hurts. This has been hard for me to process over the past year, but by this point in my life I am used to it and I move on.
I see a lot of people praising him for his honesty and that’s total bullshit, he deserves no praise. I have no sympathy for Scott and neither should you. I do have much love for his family and I really hope they are able to heal and move forward.

Space Prophet Dogon
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sexta nov 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Mensagempor Space Prophet Dogon » segunda ago 29, 2022 2:02 pm

Entretanto já houve comunicado do resto da banda
Spoiler: Mostrar
A STATEMENT FROM NEUROSIS
We cannot overstate the level of disgust and disappointment we feel for a man who we once called Brother.
As a band, we parted ways with Scott Kelly at the end of 2019 after learning about severe acts of abuse he committed towards his family over the previous years. In the past, Scott had disclosed his marital difficulties and acts of verbal abuse, as well as his intention to get help and change his behaviors. The information we learned in 2019 made it clear Scott had crossed a line and there was no way back. We did not share this information out of respect for his wife’s direct request for privacy, and to honor the family’s wish not to let their experience become gossip in a music magazine. With Scott’s Facebook post of August 27, 2022 disclosing much of this information publicly, we can finally say what we believe needs to be said.
For the last twenty years we have lived far apart from one another and only saw Scott when meeting up to work on music or play shows. We had no idea what the reality was for his family when we were not around. By Scott's own admission, his abuse was intentional, targeted, and a closely guarded secret - even from those of us closest to him.
Once we learned of his abuse it was difficult to reconcile the horrible information with the person we thought we knew. It’s not surprising he hid the abuse for so long because it is a betrayal of our ethics as bandmates, partners, parents, and human beings.
Since 2019, we have made numerous attempts to contact Scott. We wanted to have an honest talk about the status of the band and find out how he and his family were doing, but he has refused to speak with us for three years. And, in what we now see clearly to be a pattern, Scott refused to take responsibility for his actions. Having been through so much with someone for more than 35 years, one would expect some amount of closure, or at the very least a response.
Now, without returning any of the calls, texts, or e-mails of his bandmates and friends, Scott has made a public post about the situation. To us, this decision seems like another attempt at manipulation, another opportunity for his narcissism to control the narrative. Don't allow Scott to make this about himself, it's about the abuse his family has suffered.
Usually, we would view public openness and honesty about mental illness as brave and even productive. We just don’t believe that is the case here.
There is nothing brave about systematically abusing your wife and children.
There is nothing brave about confessing wrongdoing when you have not done the work to change your behavior.
There is nothing brave about refusing to speak honestly, or speak at all, with one’s closest friends and bandmates, people who have supported you and stuck by you for most of your life.
Compared to the impact of Scott’s actions on his family, the impact on our band pales in significance. Nevertheless, with the heartbreak and horror we also grieve for the loss of our life’s work and a legacy that was sacred to us.
Again, our primary concern is for the safety and well-being of Scott’s wife and children, as well as anyone else in a similar situation. If someone you know is experiencing domestic violence or abuse, please reach out to one of the many local or national resources available. One national resource is:
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233 www.thehotline.org
If you or someone you know is suffering from mental health issues that could make you a danger to yourself or others, please get help before you hurt yourself or the people you love. One resource for that is:
www.988lifeline.org
This is the only statement we plan to make about this issue. In due course, when it's appropriate, we will provide more information about our future musical endeavors, but that time is not now.

pafg
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor pafg » segunda ago 29, 2022 2:25 pm

Welp... agora é esperar que o tipo dê um tiro no cornos e esperar que não leve a família com ele.

Psychoneurosis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: segunda nov 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Mensagempor Psychoneurosis » segunda ago 29, 2022 2:52 pm

A ver se percebi bem... A restante banda e pessoal com quem ele trabalhou já sabia disto pelo menos desde 2019 e foi preciso passar 3 anos e o gajo admitir, para de repente começarem a falar?
O Homem bebe e a obra nasce!
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – for ever."

Zyklon
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Zyklon » segunda ago 29, 2022 5:17 pm

Pois.
Zyklon Escreveu:Não sabiam mas era o caralhinho!

O Noah Landis acerca do post da banda:
This is the calm and considered version we wrote late last night. There's another version that runs through my head that I'll keep to myself for now. Burn brightly my friends, and please be kind. We only have each other.

Acredito que agora vão surgir muitos mais posts de musicos/bandas com quem ele trabalhou cada um com a sua prespectiva da coisa...
E já agora e olhando para trás, quem achou meio estranho o fim das participações dele em Mastodon talvez esteja aqui a resposta.

Liwyatan
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: terça out 08, 2019 10:21 am

Mensagempor Liwyatan » segunda ago 29, 2022 5:54 pm

Neurosis é a minha banda favorita. Honestamente tinha para mim que era vício nas drogas, porque era essa a vibe que ele passava. Não há desculpas nem reparos possíveis que se possa fazer a violência doméstica contra a mulher e filhos.

Só espero que a banda continue e que ele fique longe da família.

E claro, como sempre, quem sabia só veio a público quando já não havia volta a dar.

Voltar para “Notícias & Recortes”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 8 visitantes