Metal News - 2023

Notícias interessantes sobre o mundo do Metal.
abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta out 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Re: Metal News - 2023

Mensagempor abyssum » terça mai 23, 2023 10:42 am

Tema de avanço de "Prosaic" o novo álbum de Mizmor, a sair no dia 21 de Julho.

Keeper
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sábado dez 08, 2018 4:53 am

Mensagempor Keeper » quinta jun 01, 2023 10:10 pm

They started it all 34 years ago...The Dreamspace lineup of Stratovarius has reformed, returning under the moniker TIMO TOLKKI'S STRATO. Featuring Timo Tolkki (vocals & guitar), Tuomo Lassila (drums), and Antti Ikonen (keyboards), these members recorded the classic Fright Night, Twilight Time, Dreamspace and Fourth Dimension albums. Released in 1994, Dreamspace was the last Stratovarius album to have Timo Tolkki on lead vocals and includes such fan favorites as "Chasing Shadows", "Hold On To Your Dream", "We Are The Future" and "Wings Of Tomorrow". Tolkki recorded his vocals for the Fourth Dimension album demos before deciding to focus on guitar only and recruited Timo Kotipelto as vocalist. Fourth Dimension included a number of standout tracks including "Against The Wind", "Distant Skies", "Galaxies" and "Twilight Symphony".

In the summer 2022 Timo Tolkki, Tuomo Lassila and Antti Ikonen met to discuss ideas to reform the original line up, deciding to call themselves “Timo Tolkki’s Strato”. In all secrecy, they have rehearsed in Tuomo’s garage (real back to the roots!) since January 2023.This reconstituted lineup has signed a deal with Warner Music Japan, and is currently recording their debut album titled Return To Dreamspace to be released on 27.10.2023, preceded by the single “(Is this the) Brave New World?". A Japanese Tour is planned for spring 2024, and Timo Tolkki will visit Japan in November 2023 to promote the album -- his first time there since 2007. Tours of Latin America and Europe are also in the works. In concert the band will be performing songs from Return To Dreamspace, as well as from the Stratovarius albums, Fright Night, Twilight Time, and Dreamspace.

Tuomo Lassila formed Stratovarius in Helsinki 1984, and is responsible together with the original guitar player Staffan Stråhlman for the band's name Stratovarius. One year later Timo Tolkki joined the band. Stratovarius released their debut album Fright Night (1989) through CBS Finland. From that started one of the biggest success stories in the history of melodic metal. They defined what is currently known as “Power Metal” with albums like Fright Night (1989), Twilight Time (1993), Dreamspace (1994) and Fourth Dimension (1995).

Timo Tolkki wrote more than 100 songs for the band before leaving the group to embark on a successful solo career back in 2008, and is responsible for writing such Power Metal anthems like “Black Diamond”, “Hunting High and Low”, “Speed of Light”, “Paradise”, “Forever” and “Destiny”. More than 4 million copies of Tolkki-era Stratovarius albums have been sold.

Fonte: https://www.facebook.com/timotolkkistrato/

Espero que essa "versão" do Strato seja algo estável e duradouro e lance bom material.
"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"

José Sousa
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sexta set 07, 2007 1:57 pm

Mensagempor José Sousa » sábado jun 03, 2023 10:56 am

leaving the group to embark on a successful solo career back in 2008

:roll:

(em 2021)
O guitarrista Timo Tolkki (ex-Stratovarius) usou as redes para informar que cancelou uma masterclass que aconteceria nesta quinta-feira, 22, por tido uma pequena adesão do público, vendendo apenas cinco ingressos para o evento virtual.(...) “Se o disco seguir a tendência que vejo acontecer, posso encerrar a carreira e fazer outra coisa. Sei que vocês não têm dinheiro, mas eu também não. Sou um ser humano que também precisa pagar aluguel, contas, comida, etc. Já era muito difícil viver de música antes do vírus”

https://www.rockbizz.com.br/timo-tolkki ... ingressos/

Para não falar das várias crises depressivas.

É um grande musico e um grande compositor. Nunca gostei dele como vocalista, no entanto estou curioso para ver o que irá sair dali.

Keeper
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor Keeper » domingo jun 04, 2023 10:26 pm

É muito triste que um músico que fez tanto pela cena musical metálica tenha passado por aquilo de não ter público suficiente para realizar um evento.

Ele tem motivo para ter essas crises, devido a tudo que passou durante a infância e adolescência, tendo que lidar com um pai abusivo e violento. É surpreendente que com tudo isso ele ainda tenha conseguido ter essa carreira de tantos anos.

Soulforged
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: segunda dez 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Mensagempor Soulforged » domingo jun 11, 2023 6:35 pm

aetheria
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quarta jul 04, 2007 9:59 am

Mensagempor aetheria » quinta jun 15, 2023 11:48 am

Suffering Hour
Our drummer Jason has been diagnosed with Stage III Classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In the comments below as well as in our about section on the page, there is a link to a GoFundMe started by his family to cover lost income and treatment costs. Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated as we gear up to be at Jay's side to help him take this cancer down.

:( Tem 26 anos, o moço.
Só é tua a loucura Onde, com lucidez, te reconheças. Torga
A partir de um determinado ponto já não há retorno. É esse ponto que se tem que alcançar. Kafka

abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor abyssum » quinta jun 15, 2023 5:48 pm

aetheria Escreveu:Suffering Hour
Our drummer Jason has been diagnosed with Stage III Classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In the comments below as well as in our about section on the page, there is a link to a GoFundMe started by his family to cover lost income and treatment costs. Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated as we gear up to be at Jay's side to help him take this cancer down.

O nome da banda faz jus à situação.

aetheria
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor aetheria » sexta jun 16, 2023 1:27 am

abyssum Escreveu:
aetheria Escreveu:Suffering Hour

O nome da banda faz jus à situação.

Por acaso também me ocorreu...
A partir de um determinado ponto já não há retorno. É esse ponto que se tem que alcançar. Kafka

Psychoneurosis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: segunda nov 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Mensagempor Psychoneurosis » sexta jun 16, 2023 10:26 pm

O Homem bebe e a obra nasce!
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – for ever."

abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor abyssum » quinta jun 22, 2023 10:32 am

Taken from the SERPENT OF OLD full length album titled 'Ensemble Under The Dark Sun' coming soon on Transcending Obscurity Records

abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor abyssum » quinta jun 22, 2023 5:04 pm

Keeper
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor Keeper » quarta jul 19, 2023 11:04 pm

IRON SAVIOR FRONTMAN / FOUNDER PIET SIELCK DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER; ALL SHOWS FOR 2023 CANCELLED

Iron Savior frontman / founder Piet Sielck has checked in with the following update:

"They say lightning never strikes twice… but sometimes it does. After Jan (S. Eckert / bass) was diagnosed with cancer, now it’s my turn. Fortunately, it was detected at a stage where cure is possible. Therefore, I have to start immediate medical treatment in order to heal as soon as possible. I have a top notch medical team and a great network of support, I am in quite good shape, I have no other diseases and also have the psychic power and strength of will to go successfully through this rough ride. First step will be a chemo therapy followed by surgery after some time of recovery.

Since I need to concentrate 100% on my healing process, we canceled all remaining shows for 2023. I am sure you all will understand, that I need all my energy for myself for a while. I will continue my activities on social media and also will promote the new album, Firestar, as best as possible. I have asked AFM to keep the release schedule 6th of October.

Healing is the ultimate aim and I have already started the process."

Following their latest, much-acclaimed offering, Reforged - Ironbound (released in 2022 via AFM Records), Hamburg-based power metal act Iron Savior has announced the release of a brand new studio album. Firestar will be out on October 6, 2023 through AFM. Preorders are available here.

To shorten the wait until the full-length release, today, Iron Savior unleashed their blistering album title track. It's immediately evident, "Firestar" is irresistible and with its incredible 176 bpm definitely one of the fastest songs in Iron Savior’s history to date. Says singer and guitarist Piet Sielck: "With the power of the debut, the energy of Condition Red and a massive old-school-meets-modern-soundscapes production, Firestar is a massive track that won’t leave your players for a long time. We promise!"

The band's upcoming album will feature a wide range of influences from hard rock to pop, all calibrated to heavy metal standards thanks to those typical Iron Savior virtues. But sometimes pure coincidence or seemingly inconspicuous little details can turn a very good album into an outstanding release. In the case of Firestar, it has come as a real surprise even for Sielck that the new songs surpass the material of the impressive 2020-album Skycrest.

In fact, the cornerstones of the current offering were already set and pointed to a successful production within the tried and tested framework, when all of a sudden everything turned out rather differently: “Just before the recordings were finalised, I was inspired by the muse, totally of the blue. I wrote two more songs out of nowhere and changed a third one on the spur of the moment. And suddenly, ‘Firestar’ turned into an even better record,” says Sielck happily, admitting that this unexpected creative surge “triggered great emotions” in him.

Iron Savior have again come up with an exceptional studio album in Firestar, enhanced by Felipe Machado Franco’s impressive cover artwork presenting the Iron Savior spaceship that has been around since 2011. The cherry on the cake is the powerful production courtesy of Hamburg’s Powerhouse Studio, including intelligently positioned keyboard parts and the anthemic background choirs, supported by Sielck’s 17-year-old daughter Frida and her boyfriend. Without any doubt, Firestar promises to be a bonfire in many respects.

Fonte: https://bravewords.com/news/iron-savior ... -cancelled

Doença maldita, deixe os membros dessa banda em paz! :angry:

José Sousa
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sexta set 07, 2007 1:57 pm

Mensagempor José Sousa » quinta jul 20, 2023 11:14 am

Keeper Escreveu:

Ronnie Atkins foi-lhe diagnosticado em 2021 cancro do pulmão em estágio IV e ainda se vai aguentado, dando concertos.

aetheria
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor aetheria » quinta jul 20, 2023 2:42 pm

Keeper
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor Keeper » terça jul 25, 2023 10:11 pm

José Sousa Escreveu:
Keeper Escreveu:

Ronnie Atkins foi-lhe diagnosticado em 2021 cancro do pulmão em estágio IV e ainda se vai aguentado, dando concertos.

Sim, mas cada pessoa é um caso e tem sua maneira de enfrentar esse problema.

Voltar para “Notícias & Recortes”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 40 visitantes