Stoner Metal/Rock

OrDoS
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: domingo abr 04, 2004 12:23 pm

Re: Stoner Metal/Rock

Mensagempor OrDoS » segunda dez 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Black Space Riders!!! Recomendadíssimo, vindos da Alemanha, são o meu presente de Natal para as tropas do stoner, ouçam o album todo!!!:

Imagem

http://www.myspace.com/blackspaceriders
From word to a word I was led to a word...
ImagemImagem 20ª Edição - X11

onedayless
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sexta jul 04, 2008 10:21 pm

Mensagempor onedayless » segunda dez 27, 2010 10:52 pm

(Updated) Best of 2010

The end of another great year in music is nigh, so here's the best of the best I laid my ears on. A personal selection of this year's favorite records with some quick opinions. Enjoy!

1. Bongripper - Satan Worshipping Doom

One of the best (& still highly underrated) artists in the genre as it is today. They prove it like no other with this instrumental masterpiece. The heaviest, most dynamic stoner/sludge/doom album I heard in a long time. So down-tuned and heavy as fuck. This is the real soundtrack to the apocalypse, forget about the rest...

2. Stonehelm - Stonehelm

Skull crushing riffage & hypnotic smoked out vocals, no need to say more. I think an album cover can say a lot about the music that's behind it, Stonehelm is a band that's part of that philosophy. The best newcomer & biggest surprise this year. Let's hope for an official release through Dead Earth Records soon..

3. Fatso Jetson - Archaic Volumes

Another fantastic release by the Lalli cousins (Yawning Man). Highly distinctive & progressive desert rock. Funky, psychedelic, groovy & damn great from start to finish. Beautiful, this album grew on me like no other.

4. Zoroaster - Matador

If there was a genre called 'Mystic Doom Metal', Atlanta's Zoroaster would be king of it. This album is mind expanding. It's hypnotic, heavy & psychedelic. A great evolution from 'Voice of Saturn'. One of my most anticipated albums this year. It still grows on me, well worth the wait!

5. Sardonis - Sardonis

The 'two man aural demolition crew' from Belgium. One of my favorite bands from my country. After their first EP from 2008 I was stunned by the sound of this band. Now they are back with another destroying instrumental album, old & new material. For all lovers of the mighty, punishing riff.

6. Samsara Blues Experiment - Long Distance Trip

Incredible psychedelic jams from Germany. This is pure love, filled with all kinds of influences. Stoner rock, psychedelic rock, 60's/ 70's, raga,..

Starts epic, ends epic.

7. Hooded Menace - Never Cross The Dead

You gotta love some nasty early 90's inspired death metal, but when you combine it with with even nastier doom you get this repugnant monster. Hooded Menace, summoned by Lasse Pyykkö (Claws, Acid Witch, Phlegethon, Vacant Coffin,..). Their second full-length is one to remember.

8. The Sword - Warp Riders

A pleasant surprise after 'Gods Of The Earth'. I think this is the ultimate Sword album, it combines everything this band did in the past and adds more to it. Great tracks, great songwriting, solid production & a shitload of 70's inspired riffage with a classic rock touch. One highly enjoyable album...

9. Brant Bjork - Gods & Goddesses

The latest desert vibes from Brant Bjork. You can't go wrong with Brant & The Bros and this is another solid album. Maybe it fell a little short, but it has damn good tracks. Fair deal.

10. Karma To Burn - Appalachian Incantation

These guys need no introduction, this is their comback album. And hey, it's really good. It could use some more new tracks. But there is no denying that it rocks like fucking hell. Karma To Burn still has it.

11. Ramesses - Take The Curse

A dark, twisted, horrific, sleazy stoner/doom story packed in an original piece of artwork. Their best offering yet.

12. Electric Wizard - Black Masses

Seventh full-length by the legendary Electric Wizard. They did better & they did worse. But in the end it's another great entry in the EW catalogue, essential for 2010.

13. Ufomammut - Eve

The masters of utterly heavy psychedelic doom, Italy's Ufomammut delivers again with 'Eve'. It's a little more psyched out this time. Lovely album with a great conclusion...

14. High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine

Rumbling stoner-doom with incredible energetic vocals from Pike. I think this could be a great starting point for newcomers. It starts really good but loses it's pacing near the end. Still, Death Is This Communion & Blessed Black Wings is where it's at. This is just another great album by a great band.

15. Kamni/ Камни - Promo EP

Best EP this year, period. Just like Stonehelm's s/t, this was one huge surprise. From Russia with riffs. I loved it.

Honorable Mentions;

Psychedelic/ Instrumental/ Space Rock

The Kings Of Frog Island - III
Mother-Unit - Brain-Massage
Yawning Man - Nomadic Pursuits
My Sleeping Karma - Tri
Hypnos 69 - Legacy
Sula Bassana - Kosmonauts
Electric Moon - Lunatics

Stoner/ Fuzz/ Hard Rock

Stake-Off The Witch - Medusa
Sungrazer -Sungrazer
Rotor - 4
Gozu - Locust Season
Asteroid - II
Year Long Disaster - Black Magic; All Mysteries Revealed
Monster Magnet - Mastermind

Heavy/ Doom/ Sludge Metal

Witchsorrow - Witchsorrow
Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
Dragonauta - Cruz Invertida
Cough - Ritual Abuse
Cathedral - The Guessing Game
Black Tusk - Taste The Sin
Age Of Taurus - In The Days Of The Taurean Empire
Windhand - Practice Space Demo
Grand Magus - Hammer Of The North
Thorr-Axe - Roots Of The Mountain
Earthride - Something Wicked
Kylesa - Spiral Shadow

Band Requests

The Grand Astoria - II
Sahara Surfers - Spacetrip On A Paper Plane
Demonic Death Judge - Kneel
Rocket Chief - Rise Of The Machine
Oruga - Blitzkrieg Lady
Pallbearer - Demo
Low Gravity - Low Gravity

On Hold;

Ghost - Opus Eponymous
Pombagira - Baron Citadel
Beehoover - Concrete Catalyst
Sagh - III
Stonebride - Summon The Waves
Electric Orange - Krautrock From Hell
Solace - A.D.
Sasquatch - III
Riotgod - Riotgod
Melvins - The Bride Screamed Murder
Buckaduzz - The Big Slow
Master Musicians of Bukkake - Totem Two
Black Land - Extreme Heavy Psych
Monobrow - Monobrow
Wizard Eye - Orbital Rites
Wino - Adrift
Acid Witch - Stoned
Suma - Ashes
Kings Destroy - And The Rest Will Surely Perish
Quest For Fire - Lights From Paradise

Most anticipated for 2011;

Monkey3 - Beyond The Black Sky
Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light
Weedeater - Jason...the Dragon
Tank 86 - Rise
Serpentcult - Raised By Wolves
Sungrazer Full-length
Age Of Taurus Full-length
New Yawning Sons album?

Feel free to leave your own favorite(s)/opinions in the comments! Hails, riffs & happy holidays...
Imagem

onedayless
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor onedayless » segunda dez 27, 2010 10:54 pm

y top albums, in no particular order, would be;
1. Sungrazer - s/t
2. Kaihoro - Skyhook
3. Rotor - 4
4. Been Obscene - Magic Table Dance
5. Serpentina Satelite - Mechanica Celeste
6. Fatso Jetson - Archaic Volumes
7. The Machine - Drie
8. Gozu - Locust Season
9. K-t-B - Appalacian Incantation
10. Electric Moon - Lunatics

Coloquei aqui pois tem álbuns muito bons e que me tinham passado ao lado
Imagem

Zyklon
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta jan 04, 2008 10:47 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor Zyklon » terça dez 28, 2010 12:20 am

2. Stonehelm - Stonehelm

Finalmente!!!
Alguem atento...

Brunhu
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sábado out 24, 2009 1:41 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor Brunhu » terça dez 28, 2010 12:33 am

OrDoS Escreveu:Black Space Riders!!! Recomendadíssimo, vindos da Alemanha, são o meu presente de Natal para as tropas do stoner, ouçam o album todo!!!:

Imagem

http://www.myspace.com/blackspaceriders

Algo a ouvir com atenção...à partida agrada-me bastante!!

onedayless
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)

Mensagempor onedayless » terça dez 28, 2010 1:38 am

Zyklon Escreveu:
2. Stonehelm - Stonehelm

Finalmente!!!
Alguem atento...

Tu é que já metias aqui no tópico, só hoje é que conheci isto... Vai paquelesítio :blast:

Esqueci-me de referir o blog,

http://stonerobixxx.blogspot.com/

Cai que nem ginga para este tópico
Imagem

Zyklon
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta jan 04, 2008 10:47 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor Zyklon » terça dez 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Já foram aqui falados, penso que foi o Indigente e o Brilhas os primeiros a menciona-los, vocês é que andam desatentos...

Curiosamente o album ainda não foi lancado em formato fisico, nos mails que troquei com a banda a coisa estava prevista para este ano, mas penso que não chegou a sair, apenas foi divulgado em formato rar em alguns blogs (meu, o Sludge Swamp etc).
A Dead Earth Records é em principio a editora que o vai lancar oficialmente, mas aquela merda é lenta pa caralho só o split de THOU|Human Intruder demorou meses a sair e a dada altura pensei que me tinham ripado os 7 usd.
È esperar mas que o album de Stonehelm é do caralho isso é uma verdade!

dred_666
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: domingo abr 16, 2006 1:53 am

Mensagempor dred_666 » terça dez 28, 2010 4:28 pm

OrDoS Escreveu:Black Space Riders!!! Recomendadíssimo, vindos da Alemanha, são o meu presente de Natal para as tropas do stoner, ouçam o album todo!!!:

Boa recomendação!
Estive a ouvir as musicas do myspace e gostei!

Kustu Rica
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça dez 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Mensagempor Kustu Rica » sábado jan 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Your wife, my bitch. Your love, my trick. Her mouth, my dick. I fucked, thats' it. Straight pimp, no shit. Gave me your chips. I drove, your whip. It's true, don't trip.

Brunhu
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Brunhu » sábado jan 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Morke Keiseren Skagh Escreveu:Black Sleep Of Kali. http://www.myspace.com/blacksleepofkali

Já tinha postado isso algures por este fórum.

Kustu Rica
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor Kustu Rica » sábado jan 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Como fiz search e não deu nada. Imagem
Your wife, my bitch. Your love, my trick. Her mouth, my dick. I fucked, thats' it. Straight pimp, no shit. Gave me your chips. I drove, your whip. It's true, don't trip.

Brunhu
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Brunhu » sábado jan 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Morke Keiseren Skagh Escreveu:Como fiz search e não deu nada. Imagem

Aqui tens

Kustu Rica
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor Kustu Rica » domingo jan 16, 2011 11:17 am

Secção sludge doom, ora por isso é que não encontrava. :wink:

Brilhando
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sábado jan 17, 2004 2:42 am

Mensagempor Brilhando » quinta jan 20, 2011 6:53 pm

RE-MASTERED OG ALBUMS TO BE RELEASED ON 26th JANUARY 2011

Imagem

The first five Orange Goblin albums are to be re-released via Rise Above Records on Wednesday 26th January 2011.

All five albums have been re-mastered and will feature bonus-tracks, additional artwork and new sleeve notes. They will come in deluxe individual digi-packs or you can order the limited edition box-set which contains all five albums and an exclusive woven Orange Goblin patch.

FREQUENCIES FROM PLANET TEN: 1) The Astral Project (Class A) 2) Magic Carpet 3) Sarumans Wish 4) Song of The Purple Mushroom Fish 5) Aquatic Fanatic 6) Lothlorian 7) Land of Secret Dreams 8 ) Orange Goblin 9) Star Shaped Cloud (BONUS TRACKS) 10) Sarumans Wish (Demo Version) 11) Aquatic Fanatic (Demo Version) 12) Black Shapes of Doom (Trouble Cover).

TIME TRAVELLING BLUES: 1) Blue Snow 2) Solarisphere 3) Shine 4) The Man Who Invented Time 5) Diesel (phunt) 6) Snail Hook 7) Nuclear Guru 8 ) Lunarville 7, Airlock 3 9) Time Travelling Blues (BONUS TRACKS) 10) Nuclear Guru (Mans Ruin Version) 11) Blue Snow (Live at the BBC) 12) Hand of Doom (Black Sabbath Cover).

THE BIG BLACK: 1) Scorpionica 2) Quincy The Pigboy 3) Hot Magic, Red Planet 4) Cozmo Bozo 5) 298kg 6) Turbo Effalunt (Elephant) 7) King of The Hornets 8 ) You’ll Never Get to The Moon In That 9) Alcofuel 10) The Big Black (BONUS TRACKS) 11) Quincy The Pigboy (Alternative Version) 12) Scorpionica (Live at the BBC) 13) Into The Void (Black Sabbath Cover).

COUP DE GRACE: 1) Your World Will Hate This 2) Monkey Panic 3) Rage of Angels 4) Made of Rats 5) Whiskey Leech 6) Getting High on The Bad Times 7) Graviton 8 ) Red Web 9) Born with Big Hands 10) Jesus Beater 11) We Bite (Misfits Cover) 12) Stinkin’ O’ Gin (BONUS TRACKS) 13) No Law (exclusive track – originally recorded for High Times magazine compilation) 14) No Class (Motorhead Cover) 15) Freelance Fiend (Leafhound Cover).

THIEVING FROM THE HOUSE OF GOD: 1) Some You Win, Some You Lose 2) One Room, One Axe, One Outcome 3) Hard Luck 4) Black Egg 5) You’re Not the One (Who Can Save Rock n’ Roll) 6) If it Ain’t Broke, Break It 7) Lazy Mary 8 ) Round Up The Horses 9) Tosh Lines 10) Just Got Paid (ZZ Top Cover) 11) Crown of Locusts (BONUS TRACKS) 12) White Night Cyanide (B-Side to Some You Win, Some You Lose 7” single) 13) New Rose (The Damned Cover) 14) Bad Blues (previously un-released).

http://www.orange-goblin.com
Setze jutges d'un jutjat mengen fetge d'un penjat; si el penjat es despengés es menjaria els setze fetges dels setze jutges que l'han jutjat.

Brunhu
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Brunhu » domingo abr 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Não sabia onde encaixar esta banda, mas cá vai.

Estreia em grande...a primeira surpresa do ano!!!

Bloodiest
Imagem

Para ouvir o álbum na totalidade.

Voltar para “Arquivo 2014 a 2015”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 8 visitantes