Devil Worshipper - NEW EP RELEASED - Godforsaken

קין
Participante
Registado: quinta nov 08, 2018 9:18 am

Devil Worshipper - NEW EP RELEASED - Godforsaken

Mensagempor קין » quinta nov 08, 2018 9:38 am

Devil Worshipper "Music For The Endtimes"

Ltd Digipack CD / Digital Album. Out December 14, 2018 through I, Voidhanger Records

Tireless and always provocative, the American musician known as Matron Thorn is responsible for some of the most audacious extreme metal of our times, offered through many of his projects including Ævangelist, Death Fetishist and Præternatura. DEVIL WORSHIPPER is the newest one, and it has been chosen to take Matron Thorn's artistic visions to unparalleled heights of hallucinating sonic violence, thanks also to the bestial, schizophrenic vocal performance provided by Fr.A.A. (from Portugal's Tod Huetet Uebel) and the female, ethereal counterpoint of Erethe Arashiel (Vaee Solis).

For DEVIL WORSHIPPER's debut full-length album, “Music For The Endtimes”, Matron Thorn brings to the table a handful of rusty riffs and dissonant, sick melodies. Their primitive thrust recalls the old-school of black metal, but the band totally transfigures them into some sort of gurgling industrial black'n'roll, where layers upon layers of trance-inducing guitars, serpentine bass grooves, paroxysmal screams and martial rhythms hammer the listener on the head till reality crumbles, revealing a nauseating yet fascinating abstract dimension of sin, depravation and oblivion.

Featuring guest contributions from Kabukimono and from Sebastian M. of AUROCH and MITOCHONDRION fame, DEVIL WORSHIPPER's “Music For The Endtimes” is as terrifying and exhausting as an exorcism. It syringes our unconsciousness into Satan's purulent veins, and spirals it into an unforgettable and disorienting drug trip on the evil side.

Imagem

TRACKLIST

1. Ablutions (1:32)
2. Spiritual Immanifest (4:52)
3. Degenerate (4:43)
4. Fornicating Angel (5:35)
5. Harlot Flesh (4:42)
6. Melancholy Loves The Dark (8:21)
7. Heroin (7:36)
8. Throat Of The False Prophet (7:14)
9. Parish Apothecary (11:53)
10. Requiem Ex Abyssus (7:59)

Total Time 64:27

Fr. A. A. - Voices, Lyrics
Matron Thorn - Lead & Rhythm Guitars, Bass, Drums, Synthetics
Erethe Arashiel - Voices, Artwork

Art by H.V. Lyngdal (Wormlust)
Sigil by Matron Thorn
Layout by Francesco Gemelli

Preview track coming soon.
Última edição por קין em sexta jul 26, 2019 12:01 pm, editado 1 vez no total.

aetheria
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quarta jul 04, 2007 9:59 am

Re: Devil Worshipper - Album Release Dec 14, 2018 - I, Voidhanger Records

Mensagempor aetheria » quinta nov 08, 2018 11:19 am

:beer: :metal:
Só é tua a loucura Onde, com lucidez, te reconheças. Torga
A partir de um determinado ponto já não há retorno. É esse ponto que se tem que alcançar. Kafka

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » terça nov 13, 2018 11:41 am

"Melancholy Loves the Dark" poderá ser ouvida através da publicação da No Clean Singing -

No Clean Singing - Melancholy Loves the Dark Premiere

"As manifested through the song we’re premiering today — “Melancholy Loves the Dark” — the music of Devil Worshipper is violent, unnerving, and frighteningly hallucinatory. It sets the teeth on edge, bites down on the neck, floods the mind with psychoactive substances, and the veins with poison. In some respects it becomes cacophonous, especially in the riotous array of vocal expressions, which encompass wrenching proclamations, wild cries, terrible roars, and mind-flensing shrieks, and the shrill, searing leads rise up like fiery mists and then burn in cascading waves.

You probably won’t see this coming from the haunting reverb-drenched notes and head-moving drum beats at the beginning, but you feel it coming through the appearance of more urgent syncopated riffing. The air of tension and turmoil grows, eventually by orders of magnitude, subsides, and then drives again with the dark pulse of the bass and the adamant boom of the drums. The song thunders and jackhammers as it crescendos in pain, and even becomes magisterial as well as otherworldly."

Imagem

"The album features artwork by H.V. Lyngdal and layout by Francesco Gemelli. Sebastien Montesi composed and performed the additional guitar leads on “Fornicating Angel”, “Melancholy Loves the Dark”, and “Throat of the False Prophet”. The album will be released digitally and in a limited edition digipack CD, accompanied by a booklet with the lyrics."

Álbum disponível dia 14 de Dezembro, através da I, Voidhanger Records aqui.

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » terça nov 20, 2018 9:46 am

Primeira crítica ao álbum "Music for the Endtimes".

HEAD-BANGER REVIEWS - Devil Worshipper – Music for the Endtimes

"...There are plenty of records within the vast world of black metal that are far from nice and even go as far to be as blasphemous as possible, but no other band has made it feel as natural for themselves as Devil Worshipper has with this upcoming record. In every form, “Music for the Endtimes” is far from a record for the uninitiated and if you choose to embark on this menacing journey then good luck, and don’t get lost in the dark..."

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » segunda dez 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Novo tema disponível do primeiro álbum "Music for the Endtimes".

Indy Metal Vault - Devil Worshipper – Heroin

"...On the trio’s debut full-length Music for the Endtimes, which is due out on December 14 via the venerable I, Voidhanger Records (preorder here.), the apocalyptic hymns Thorn conjures up with the assistance of a pair of Portuguese musicians-Tod Huetet Uebel vocalist/current Vaee Solis guitarist Fr. A. A. and Vaee Solis vocalist Erethe Arashiel–have much more of a gothic/darkwave influence than what one might expect from his music. That’s not to say, however, that one should expect an album’s worth of synth-drenched mopery as Matron Thorn gets in touch with his inner Robert Smith. This is still a guitar-driven metal album, after all – if a somewhat more sparsely arranged, industrial-leaning one compared to the claustrophobic nature of much of his discography. If anything, that gothic influence is subtle (now there’s a word not often associated with Thorn’s music), but it’s undoubtedly there.

More than anything, it’s the vocals that carry Music for the Endtimes. Fr. A. A. turns in a performance on par with Mark of the Devil’s virtuosic turn on Cultes des Ghoules’ masterful Coven, or the thoroughly unhinged vocals of Lörd Matzigkeitus on The Projectionist’s recent Visits From the NightHag, Part 1. The difference? Both of those vocalists were portraying multiple characters in black metal operas. Fr. A. A. isn’t working within any kind of conceptual framework – he lets loose with a variety of gurgles, growls, screams, shrieks, and spoken passages because…Matron Thorn’s music and/or the power of Satan compelled him to? Whatever the reason, his performance alone makes Music for the Endtimes a mandatory listen..."

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » quinta dez 13, 2018 3:13 pm

"Music for the Endtimes" pode agora ser ouvido na íntegra através da Decibel Magazine, aqui.

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » quinta dez 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Nova crítica ao primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes", poderá ser lida aqui.

"...Music for the Endtimes contains a whole lot of devilishness, the kind that could see this music performed at a burned out, abandoned church..."

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » segunda dez 17, 2018 9:32 am

Nova crítica ao primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes", poderá ser lida (em Polaco) aqui. - 8 / 10

Álbum já disponível, através da I, Voidhanger Records aqui.

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » sexta dez 21, 2018 10:12 am

Nova crítica ao primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes", poderá ser lida na Metal Injection aqui. - 8 / 10

"...This is a record that is truly freaked out and over the top. They seem to experiment endlessly with avant sounds, deeply unsettling stuff and music that will haunt your mind. Devil Worshipper have used a while bevy of twisted ideas on Music For The Endtimes to create a veritable howling soundtrack to the apocalypse that revels in its own twisted madness clawing at your sanity and forces you to deal with demonic remonstrances. The fact that any of this is couched in the history of western music is almost blasphemous…."

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » sexta dez 21, 2018 10:16 am

Outra crítica positiva ao primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes", poderá ser lida na Ave Noctum aqui. - 8.5 / 10

"...This album cannot be listened to in snippets or morsels, it has to be digested as one, a virtual black opera of sorts where the various vocal characterisations are twisted around the poetic lyrics that imbue a sense of drama as the album introduces itself via an eerie intro segment that leads into the album properly. The myriad of vocal styles brings about similarities to Big Boss of Czech band Root, an eloquent and sagacious delivery that sends shivers down your spine as every lyric is delivered with conviction, each syllable and inflection possesses passion conjuring up demonised images within sordid landscapes..."

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » quarta dez 26, 2018 8:40 am

Nova crítica positiva ao primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes", poderá ser lida em Italiano na Metal Italia aqui. - 7 / 10

"...Se mai qualcuno si azzardasse a realizzare un remake de “L’Esorcista”, diciamo insomma che i Devil Worshipper potrebbero scriverne la perfetta colonna sonora – sempre che non abbiano già messo espressamente in musica la loro visione del film nella conclusiva e atroce “Requiem Ex Abyssus”: maligna, violenta e contorta come la povera Regan quando posseduta...."

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » quarta jan 02, 2019 10:28 am

Cópias do primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes" chegaram a Portugal.

Álbum também disponível, através da I, Voidhanger Records aqui.

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » segunda jan 07, 2019 9:22 am

Poderá ser lida uma nova crítica positiva ao primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes", na Metal Temple aqui. - 9 / 10

"... It’s a very interesting album overall. All of the various elements presented here work very well in the end as songs that would scare the pants off of most people. Horrible atrocities are being done in the background that you can barely hear…disturbing and macabre nightmare that are brought to life in front of you while your eyes are closed. It reminds me of being tucked away in a prison camp somewhere in the vast Ukraine where no one would know where you are, and half-dead specters torture you at night, refusing to let you sleep, until one day drags on into the next, and so on, and so on.
..."

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » segunda jan 21, 2019 9:13 am

Nova crítica positiva ao primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes", poderá ser lida (em Francês) na Metal News aqui. - 88% / 100%

"...Mais concrètement, à quoi ressemble donc le tableau qui se déroulera sous vos ouïes au moment où vous glisserez cette œuvre dans votre lecteur ? A un amas de riffs tous plus inextricables les uns que les autres, parfois secs et nerveux, parfois emprunts d’une certaine sensibilité Black n’Roll, à des enchevêtrements de lignes vocales sourdes (masculin) et lyriques (féminin), à des tapis de rythmiques synthétiques martiales, pour un mélange contre nature entre MERCYFUL FATE, DEATHSPELL OMEGA, DEATH SS, Paul CHAIN, Diamanda GALAS, situé en convergence du BM, de l’agit-prop à tendance chaotique, de l’Industriel sombre à la IN SLAUGHTER NATIVES/LUSTMORD, le tout joué dans un vieux théâtre abandonné qui fut autrefois le témoin d’un massacre horrible sous les yeux d’un public médusé..."

Imagem

קין
Participante

Mensagempor קין » terça jan 29, 2019 9:59 am

Palavras favoráveis são escritas sobre o primeiro álbum de Devil Worshipper, - "Music for the Endtimes", podem ser lidas (em Inglês) na Thy Kingdom Scvm aqui. -

"... It’s the most unique and creative Blackened Death Metal I’ve heard in a number of years and I already knew I had a good chance of enjoying it, considering the parties involved, but I was still pleased beyond what I thought I would be. This is truly some nightmarishly bizarre stuff and this is what should be looked at and accepted as what’s going to push Extreme Metal forward, instead of the overhyped, Hipster trash that’s running rampant today, and I’m talking about the REAL Hipster trash. Devil Worshipper is not part of that ilk. These are true masters of the craft, bringing the genre to deeper, darker levels of sweltering blasphemy, madness and human disarray, instead of some art school schmuck showing you how “transcendental” he can be, while only knowing about the last year or so in Black Metal and nothing beyond that. ..."

Imagem

Voltar para “Arquivo 2006 a 2021”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 1 visitante